The Reproductive Decision-Making Agency Scale is a 4-item measure of three domains of reproductive behavior: when to have children, whether to use family planning, and which family planning method to use.
High Psychometric Score
Page Categories | Adolescent (10-19) | Adult (>=18) | Africa | Algeria | Archive | Argentina | Asia | Australia | Azerbaijan | Bangladesh | Belgium | Blog | Bolivia | Brazil | Burkina Faso | Cambodia | Canada | Child (<18) | Chile | China | Colombia | Costa Rica | Côte d’Ivoire | Democratic Republic of the Congo | Dominican Republic | Ecuador | Egypt | El Salvador | England | Estonia | Ethiopia | Europe | Female | Finland | France | Germany | Ghana | Greece | Guatemala | Guinea | Honduras | Hong Kong | Hungary | India | Indonesia | Israel | Italy | Jamaica | Japan | Jordan | Kazakhstan | Kenya | Kuwait | Kyrgyz Republic | Kyrgyzstan | Latin America | Lebanon | Luxembourg | Malawi | Malaysia | Male | Mexico | Mongolia | Montenegro | Morocco | Myanmar | Nepal | Netherlands | New Zealand | Nicaragua | Niger | Nigeria | North America | Pakistan | Palestine | Panama | Paraguay | Peru | Philippines | Poland | Republic of Chad | Russia | Rwanda | Scotland | Senegal | Singapore | Somalia | South Africa | South America | South Korea | South Sudan | Spain | Sri Lanka | sweden | Switzerland | Taiwan | Tanzania | Thailand | Transgender | Tunisia | Turkey | Uganda | United Kingdom | United States | Uruguay | Uzbekistan | Venezuela | Vietnam | Yemen | Zambia | Zimbabwe
1. When discussing, I want to know if you shared your opinion about what you wanted with your husband. Would you say that you (read aloud options to participant):
1. Shared your opinion
2. Wanted to share your opinion but did not feel comfortable so did not share
3. Wanted to share your opinion but did not think opinion would be valued so did not share
2. Do you think your opinion was valued?
1. Had the same opinion as husband
2. Did not share your opinion because the issue did not matter to you
3. Don’t recall/don’t know
4. Participant refused to answer
5. Was valued
6. Was not valued
7. Don’t recall/don’t know
8. Participant refused to answer
3. Who had the final say on [insert topic from base question]?
3. Myself and husband
5. Other (specify______)
6. No decision made
7. Participant refused to answer
4. Would you prefer to have had more influence in the decision about [insert topic from base question] less influence, or were you happy with your level of influence?
1. More influence
2. Less influence
5. Participant refused to answer
Primary Citation: Hinson, L., Edmeades, J., Murithi, L., & Puri, M. (2019). Developing and testing measures of reproductive decision-making agency in Nepal. SSM-Population Health, 9, 100473.