Environment-Related Aquaculture- Water Collection includes 6 items related to fetching water to make any income/monetary gains from activities, as well as aspects of safety related to fetching water. Navigational aspects (i.e. skip-out patterns and next question sequences) have not been included on this page but can be viewed on the original questionnaire which can be found here.
Populations Included: Female, Male
1. In the past 12 months, did you fetch water?
2. Was fetching water MAINLY performed…?
For own useconsumption of the household- 1
For sale profit- 2
Wage work- 3
3. In the past 12 months, did you individually make any incomemonetary gains from activities?
4. What is the approximate share of your individual income that came from …? (include income from selling, trading and handling these materials)
Insert percentage [ ]
5. During the last 12 months, have you ever felt unsafe or worried about your surroundings in the process of water or firewood collection?
Yes, I have felt unsafe at least once- 1
Yes, I have often felt unsafe- 2
No, I have never felt unsafe when collecting fuel or water- 3
Prefer not to answer- 4
6. Do you participate in any water management committees?
UN Women (2020). Model questionnaire: Measuring the nexus between gender and environment. https://data.unwomen.org/publications/model-questionnaire-measuring-nexus-between-gender-and-environment
Ease of Use Score
Existing Literature/Theoretical Framework
Field Expert Input
Cognitive Interviews / Pilot Testing