Environment-Related Aquaculture- Use of Wild Forests includes 5 items related to the respondents' use of wild forests, both for pay or profit, and for household consumption.
Navigational aspects (i.e. skip-out patterns and next question sequences) have not been included on this page but can be viewed on the original questionnaire which can be found here.
1. In the past 12 months, do you use wild forest areawild pastureswild wooded land (natural forest, not artificially planted, including wild mangroves) for your livelihoods?
I do not know- 98
2. What is the approximate size of the wild forest wooded land area you used?
[ ] Km2 (replace with most commonly used unit of measurement if necessary, and indicate unit of measurement)
3. Would you say that the wild area you use [forest, pastures, wooded land] has changed in the past 5 years?
Yes, the total forest, pasture or wooded area has decreased- 1
Yes, the total forest, pasture or wooded area has increased- 2
Yes, I cannot find the same variety and quantity of animals and plants as I used to find- 3
Yes, the area is now dryer- 4
Yes, the area is now floodedmore humid- 5
Yes, the area is now polluted and I can't use it- 6
The area no longer exists (was industrialized, privatized or logged)- 7
The area is permanently damaged by weather events (previous flooddraughtother)- 8
4. What is the main use of wild forest, pastures or wild wooded land for you?
Timber collection- 1
Fodder collection- 2
Firewood collection (own use)- 3
Firewood collection (other use)- 4
Harvesting of other plants, flowers, mushrooms, other- 5
Harvesting of wildlife (mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, snails, insects other wildlife)- 6
Harvesting of honey or other animal products- 7
Harvesting of construction materials- 8
Livestock grazing- 9
5. Do you participate in any forest groups or communal land governance groups ?
UN Women (2020). Model questionnaire: Measuring the nexus between gender and environment. https://data.unwomen.org/publications/model-questionnaire-measuring-nexus-between-gender-and-environment
Existing Literature/Theoretical Framework
Field Expert Input
Cognitive Interviews / Pilot Testing