Intention to Use Family Planning is an 8-item instrument to measure motivational factors that influence the likelihood of women's use of family planning (FP) methods.
Geographies Tested: Ethiopia
Populations Included: Female
Age Range: Adolescents, Adults
1. At this moment, I can list some of the benefits of FP use I would gain if I use it?
2. I am happy if I could use FP to space the number of children I would have in the future.
3. I am happy if I could use FP to limit the number of children I would have in the future.
4. I am willing to use FP to spacelimit number of children.
5. I have already decided that I should use FP in the near future.
6. I have ever used FP in the previous 6 months and I found it relevant me.
7. I have ever used FP in the past 6 months and I am quite sure I will continue using it in the future.
8. It is expected that women in our community should use FP and so do I.
3-point Likert scale
Uncertaindisagree - 1
Certainagree - 3
Responses from all items are added to obtain a combined score.
Alemayehu, M., Medhanyie, A. A., Reed, E., & Bezabih, A. M. (2020). Validation of family planning tool in the pastoralist community. Reproductive Health, 17(1), 123. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12978-020-00976-x
Ease of Use Score
Existing Literature/Theoretical Framework
Field Expert Input
Cognitive Interviews / Pilot Testing