Mutuality in Relationships is a 5-item measure about the investment in shared intimate experiences in one’s relationship.
Geographies Tested: South Africa
Populations Included: Female, Male
Age Range: Adults
1. It is most important for us to take time to talk about our problems and discuss our relationship.
2. I’m planning good things with my partner.
3. I am very much in love with my partner.
4. We are taking care of each other well.
5. In our relationship there is respect and enjoyment.
4-point Likert scale
Strongly disagree - 1
Strongly agree - 4
Harrison, A., O'Sullivan, L. F., Hoffman, S., Dolezal, C., & Morrell, R. (2006). Gender role and relationship norms among young adults in South Africa: Measuring the context of masculinity and HIV risk. Journal of Urban Health, 83(4), 709-722. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11524-006-9077-y
Ease of Use Score
Existing Literature/Theoretical Framework
Field Expert Input
Cognitive Interviews / Pilot Testing
to get the latest updates on new measures and guidance for survey researchers