Woman’s Participation in all Types of Groups and Women’s Groups includes 6 items which assess the respondent's participation in a variety of groups. This measure is adapted from the Ethiopia Farmer Innovation Fund Impact Evaluation (2012), Midline Survey (Women’s Module 6), which can be accessed here. Navigational aspects (i.e. skip-out patterns and next question sequences) have not been included on this page but can be viewed on the original questionnaire located here.
Populations Included: Female
1. Do you participate in any groups, for example, business associations, farmer’s groups, credit groups?
2. List the name of each group that the respondent belongs to on a separate line
3. What type of group is it?
Trade or business association
Credit association microfinance
Informal savings group
4. How many members are in the group?
5. How many members are female?
6. How many hours per month do you spend on activities or meetings with this group?
[open numerical response]
the number of hours per month women spend participating in groups (based on responses to Q6).
the number of hours per month women spend participating in groups (based on responses to Q6) a majority of whose members are female (based on responses to Q4 and Q5).
U. N. Foundation (2015). Women’s economic empowerment: A roadmap. Guidelines for monitoring and evaluating women’s economic empowerment programs. Appendix 1. Suggested questionnaire modules for measuring wee outcome indicators. http://womeneconroadmap.org/sites/default/files/Monitoring%20and%20Evaluation%20Guidelines%20Appendix.pdf#
Ease of Use Score
Existing Literature/Theoretical Framework
Field Expert Input
Cognitive Interviews / Pilot Testing