Intentions Not to Engage in Forced Sex is a 6-item measure of whether an individual intends to avoid forced sex in different situations such as when they are drunk, when they are alone, or to show that they are a man.
Geographies Tested: South Africa
Populations Included: Female, Male
Age Range: Adolescents
1. I intend not to force my partner to have sex .
2. I intend to have consensual sex.
3. I intend not to force my partner to have sex when I am drunk.
4. I intend not to force my partner to have sex when we are alone.
5. I intent not to force my partner to have sex to show that I am a man.
6. I intend not to force my partner to have sex at my own house.
5-point Likert scale
Strongly disagree - 1
Strongly agree - 5
De Vries, H., Eggers, S. M., Jinabhai, C., Meyer-Weitz, A., Sathiparsad, R., & Taylor, M. (2014). Adolescents' beliefs about forced sex in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 43(6), 1087-1095. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10508-014-0280-8
Ease of Use Score
Existing Literature/Theoretical Framework
Field Expert Input
Cognitive Interviews / Pilot Testing