Gender Role Discrepancy Scale is a 5-item measure that assesses perceived masculinity norms and expectations among men.
Geographies Tested: United States of America
Populations Included: Male
Age Range: Adults
1. I am less masculine than the average guy.
2. Compared to my guy friends, I am not very masculine.
3. Most women I know would say that I am not as masculine as my friends.
4. Most women would consider me to be less masculine than the typical guy.
5. Most guys would think I am not very masculine compared to them.
7-point Likert scale
Strongly Agree - 1
Neutral - 4
Strongly Disagree - 7
Reidy, D. E., Brookmeyer, K. A., Gentile, B., Berke, D. S., & Zeichner, A. (2016). Gender role discrepancy stress, high-risk sexual behavior, and sexually transmitted disease. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 45(2), 459-465. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10508-014-0413-0
Ease of Use Score
Existing Literature/Theoretical Framework
Field Expert Input
Cognitive Interviews / Pilot Testing
to get the latest updates on new measures and guidance for survey researchers